As we bring in the new year I can’t help but reflect on 2011, the highs and the lows. The world has lost some legends, and personally we’ve each lost good friends and dear family members. We’ve finally seen the end of our war in Iraq even though the battles are raging on without us.
I’m sure I’ve grown wiser, but with wisdom comes the realization of all the things I have yet to learn and all the places I wish to fish.
My 2012 List of Fishing Goals
- Improve my cast
- Learn and perfect more knots
- Buy a lemon drop fiberglass fly rod
- Fish in Colorado (anticipating a trip in May)
- Fish in Montana (shooting for July)
- Continue to promote kayak fishing in KY through publicity and education
- Fish with some fellow bloggers
- Fish with my cousin Chris Funk — a fella I’ve never met but share so much in common with
- Try to set aside more funds for Norway on the fly
- Get the Kentucky Kayak Fishing Association involved with wounded soldiers and Special Olympics
- Lose weight
- Improve my writing and write more often
- Learn more about photography. Keep practicing and exploring my camera
I’m sure this list will grow and change. It’s a starting point. A place to begin with unlimited dreams, sort of like the date 01/01 itself. I can’t wait to see where it all goes and what’s waiting on the other side!